By Ms. Juicy Queen Bee
From PHN Issue 46, Spring/Summer 2021
I’ve been on my treatment for over 3 years. Here are some tips:
- Wait, don’t rush—let the process take its course.
- The doctor is actually doing what you go through on the street, checking your mental health to find out what psychological help you may need and to make sure you are prepared.
- Most people think getting on the hormones they’re going to get the result they want ASAP, but it may take some patience, or it may not be exactly the result you want.
- When you start taking estrogen, you may find that your mood swings change and your emotional state changes.
- The older you start, the higher you are at risk for certain health issues.
- If you take certain medications, you may not be able to take hormones until they replace them, or you may need to take the medications differently.